VeloBase.com Discussion Forums

View Thread
Discussion Forums > Vintage Cycling Discussion
Vintage Women's bike, what is it?I ran across what I am assuming is 1940s women's bike, I have been trying to find information a
post 12/21/17, 02:50 AM
VeloBase User
Hi,

I ran across what I am assuming is 1940s women's bike, I have been trying to find information about it but, it's missing the headbadge.it has a unique frame that I have never seen before, I definitely can use some help on this one.?

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References: https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/1131081-vintage-women-s-bike-what.html

post 07/12/18, 06:53 AM
VeloBase User
To me vintage technology always feels a bit more mechanical in some ways; a bit closer to the product, a bit raw and more physical and it feels simpler. I feel it for example while listening to music with a record player vs. computer/phone. Using knobs or buttons vs digital touchscreens for example on your mobile or radio. There is a certain ease of feeling of belonging you have towards an object if it's simpler, and you can touch it and understand it. It is easier to create a connection with it because it is raw and more natural and maybe because of this, it is easier to predict how the object will react to you and the environment.

Mavic
VeloBase v.2.7.8 rev.5 - a Fischer Frameworks application, Copyright ¬© (2018) - All rights reserved.

Find the information on VeloBase.com useful? Please consider donating a few dollars towards the web-hosting cost. Thank you.