|The VeloBase History of Elvish
|Elvish starts in 1883 with the first bicycles built in Southampton, England. The factory is destroyed during the WWI.
Bikes are from then built in Bordeaux France and are first used in competition under contrat.
The team Fontan-Wolber-Elvish is created in 1928 with its green jersey with an orange stripe.
In 1930, Elvish teams with Alleluia. The jersey is green with a red stripe.
Team famous cyclists :
- Victor Fontan : 1928-1929 (Fontan-Wolber-Elvish), 1930 (Elvish-Alleluia)
- Albert Dolhats started with Elvish. Professional from 1946 to 1959, he won 30 victories and competed in Tour de France 1949 and 1952.
- André Lesca was under contract with Elvish from 1948 to 1951. He ran as an independent and won 200 victories and twice the French championship for independent racers in 1952 and 1955.
Team jerseys :
- Elvish Wolber 1928 : green with orange stripe / white letters
- Elvish 1948-1963 : green with white stripe / green letters
- Elvish 1965 : all green with white letters
- Elvish 1970 : green with vertical white stripes / white letters
Source : http://velosvintage.over-blog.com