|The VeloBase.com History of Renak
| Renak stands for Reichenbacher Naben- & Kupplungwerke. This was a Fichtel & Sachs (F&S) plant that was set up in 1942/3 in Reichenbach. In 1954 it decided to stand on its own two feet and replaced the FuS brand with the Renak brand.Renak manufactured a range of bicycle components, particularly standard hubs and back pedal brake hubs. Renak seems to have been a supplier of pull-chain derailleurs to Diamant from 1950 to the mid 1970’s (according to some claims). 1990 Renak was privatised by the Treuhandanstalt and sold to the Tianjin Flying Pigeon Bicycle Co. Ltd,. Some employees from Renak started up a new company, using the Renak name, that manufactures a compact hub dynamo.