|The VeloBase.com History of Panasonic
|History by Year
- Final year of Panasonic Bicycle sales in North America
- Began to export bicycles to T.I. Raleigh (U.S.A.)
- Japanese Olympic Bicycle Team adopted Panasonic racing bicycles for the 1980 Moscow Olympics
- Began to export frames and bicycles to Europe.
- Began to export frames and bicycles to Canada.
- Began to export frames and bicycles to Australia.
- Organized Panasonic/Shimano Racing Team in U.S.A.
- Japanese Olympic Bicycle Team adopted our bicycles for the Montreal Olympics.
- Racing and 10 Speed bicycles were selected as up-to-date bicycles among the world bicycling manufacturers and demonstrated at Benjamin Franklin Institute in Philadelphia
- Wheel Assembly Factory Established
- Reward received for quality control from Osaka division of M.I.T.I.
- Japanese Olympic Bicycle Team adopted our racing bicycles for Munich Olympics.
- Panasonic Bicycles exported to the USA
- Japanese National Team uses Panasonic/National Bicycles
- National Bicycle factory established in Osaka
- JIS License Granted For Complete Bicycles
- Sport type bicycle production begins
- Production of a roadster-model bicycle by C.K.D. National Tire Company established
- Bicycle frame production begins 1923 Battery powered bicycle headlamp was developed