Articles on
Table of Contents
The History of Super Elliott

 'Super Elliot' was the in-house brand of the Rundle Street (Adelaide, South Australia) cycle store of BJ and Vic Elliott, opened in 1902. Manufacturing started in the 1930's at factory in Gawler Place. During the 1930's and 40's, there was a professional 'Super Elliot' racing team, competing in local and interstate events. An interesting note is that the in-house frame enameller, Les Hall, never used transfers. All his frame details were done by hand. 

The Super Elliott team was comprised of the most promising  South Australian riders of the day Deane Toseland, Keith Thurgood,Phil Thomas,and Jack Conyers.These four riders were well  known wearing their Super Elliott jerseys at major road and track events winning regularly from scratch mark between 1930 and 1940.


Return to Table of Contents

VeloBase v.2.8.7 - a Fischer Frameworks application, Copyright ¬© (2024) - All rights reserved.
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Find the information on useful? Please consider donating a few dollars towards the web-hosting cost. Thank you.