VeloBase.com Discussion Forums

View Thread
Discussion Forums > News & Announcements
Recent & Future VeloBase Development
post 07/17/12, 08:38 PM
VeloBase Admin
As some regulars may have noticed, there has not been a lot of development as of late here at VeloBase.com.  It certainly hasn't been due to the lack of need to complete some outstanding projects (Marketplace, Bicycles & Frames, etc).  However, as is all too often the case, 'real life' has gotten in the way in the last several months and I have just been too tired at the end of the day to put much effort or thought into getting work done here.  As many of you know, I am a software developer in my day job as well, and been fighting a major case of the burned out blues when it comes to more development than what my job requires.  

The good news is, I think I'm finally coming out of the funk a little bit, or at least going to make some effort to get out of the funk by rediscovering my enjoyment of working on the website here and making those long needed improvements.  Right now I'm fighting a bit with the web host over some email issues and have been making a few minor deploys in the last week or so to try to nail down the cause of those.  During which a few 'starts' to some of the Marketplace changes were deployed as well, resulting in what I know are more than a few broken links.  Thankfully it's only a few pages that those links are visible on, so I'm just going to push forward to try to get those fixed rather than trying to roll back that change.

I can't promise how long this new push for development is going to last.  Honestly, the way work has been lately, I often don't know from day to day what my mood is going to be at the end of the work day.  But I'm going to make the effort to at least get the Marketplace to a more stable state so that it can be more useful and thus hopefully more often used.  
post 11/30/13, 09:33 AM
Vintage User
Keep up the great work. Velobase is one of the most valuable reference sites on the internet. I frequent Retrobike quite a lot and I know many queries and questions can be resolved here, its become the first point of call for component ID. I think this site was a superb idea and hope it proves to be an invaluable source to the next generations that discover vintage cycling.

Campagnolo
VeloBase v.2.7.8 rev.5 - a Fischer Frameworks application, Copyright ¬© (2017) - All rights reserved.

Find the information on VeloBase.com useful? Please consider donating a few dollars towards the web-hosting cost. Thank you.