|The VeloBase.com History of Diamant
|In january 1885 business starts as Gebrüder
Nevoigt Reichenbrand/Chemnitz. At the end of that year the first bicycles were produced.
1895 the first bicycles are branded Diamant. Without the saddles and the tires all parts are own products.
1907 the business became an Inc. and changed into Gebrüder
Nevoigt AG Reichenbrand/Chemnitz
1912 the name again changed, now into Diamant
Werke Gebrüder Nevoigt AG
1920 due to the merger with Elite AG from
Brand-Erbisdorf the Elite Diamant AG was born
1952 beginning as VEB Fahrradwerke Elite
Diamant, a combine of the GDR, which delivered all east-german bicycle racers.
After the political end of the GDR in january 1992 the bicycle production has been privatized and went over to the
Villiger-Group as Diamant Fahrradwerke AG