Follis head tube decal - 1970s
Back
Report
Main Photo
Photo Credit: VeloBase User eaglerock
Name: Follis head tube decal - 1970s
Brand: Follis
Badge Type: Painted or Decal
Frame Types: Vintage Lightweights
Country: France
Years: 1970's
Added By: eaglerock on 06/23/13
Updated By: eaglerock on 06/23/13
Additional Photos - click for full size
Headbadge Information
Follis was a family marque based in Lyon run by three generations of the Follis family. Giuseppe/Joseph Follis founded the brand in Turin, Italy in 1903; he then emigrated in 1922 after the rise of Mussolini, and settled in Lyon, France. The marque was taken over by Joseph's son François in 1933, then by François' daughter Myriam and son-in-law Jean-Claude Chollet in 1973. The framebuider's shop closed in 2007.

The branding with the "Lyon" shield at the top was used in the 1973-2007 period. Decals were used on lower-end frames during this period, while the painted aluminum badges used during earlier periods were retained on better-quality frames.
Additional Resources
Resources:Reference & ChartsCatalogs
User Comments
Sign-in Required
  Loading Comments


Ambrosio
VeloBase v.2.8.7 - a Fischer Frameworks application, Copyright © (2024) - All rights reserved.
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.


Find the information on VeloBase.com useful? Please consider donating a few dollars towards the web-hosting cost. Thank you.